Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Love stories:

Love stories: Between grandpa and granddaughter

Since I was 6, I had lived with my grandparents. And my grandpa was the one who spoiled me and gave me all his love...

I stayed with my grandpa for almost 7 years. Until now his face and every trait are so clear in my memory. I can’t forget him, because he almost replaces the place of a father in my heart.

My grandpa was a very tidy person. He always had his white gloves on. My grandma married him just because he was very handsome. My grandpa was very health, no matter how cold it was in winter; he only had his shirt on and washed our clothes outside in the snow...

Grandpa’s love could be tasted in his food. Three times a day, he had never missed once to cook for us. One soup, two vegetable dishes, and steamed rice with beans became my grandpa’s daily cooking items. He knew that I did not like eating left-over rice, so he made new rice for every meal. When he finished cooking a dish, he always smiled broadly and asked me if it was delicious. He seemed to care it so much that when I did not eat my stomach full, he would complain that it was a waste of time for him to cook so carefully. Alternatively, if I ate a lot, he would satisfiedly expose his smile and his face would turn to a red apple!

I had a lot of photos with my grandpa. He loved to take pictures when he was healthy, and he always took me with him. No matter where he went, he would take me, market, great-grandmother’ house, relatives’ houses...One of my picture was so good that a sir asked me if he could post it at his store front on display!

Grandpa seemed very big, and in front of him I was always his little granddaughter. Until When I graduated from middle school, I suddenly found out he became smaller. His back was not as straight as before. I saw his little shadow shambled in the windy dark night, waiting for me to come back from school...

I always thought that I would never lose him, because he loved me and I loved him. However, the reality is nothing can stop the pace of time...

I had so many memories of my grandpa that sometimes I thought he was still with me. I tried hard to find if he was still watching me and concerning about his little granddaughter just as before...

Grandpa...I love you!